New Zealand is: Exciting

Renato Dornelas

2 weeks after I landed in Auckland, I already have so much to share and stories to tell – isn’t that incredible?!

New Zealand is definitely an exciting place to wake up every day at. From spending a weekend at a “Marae” (communal and sacred space of Māori communities throughout New Zealand), taking a ferry to the Waiheke Island, doing city tours, visiting the local Zoo, and finding a coffee place and a pub I can call “my favorites”, my first days in New Zealand have been full with excitement.

The weather here is very, very unpredictable. I call it “typical Auckland”: it rains for 5 minutes, and then a bright sunshine follows all over the place.

I have already got lost a couple of times, but I guess that’s part of the experience. Queen Street, one of the main spots of Auckland for tourism and shopping, is just 15 minutes walking from my house. So is the ferry station. And the pubs. And everything else! So, yeah, Auckland isn’t a difficult place to walk around at all, so I am trying to explore as much as I can on foot!

Classes have started last week, and it is so different from what I am used to back in New York. I love it! But let me share that with you in another blog post… Stay tuned!