Fuji Q Highland

Onyekachi Nwabueze
Fuji Q Highland Amusement Park
26 November 2015

I will forever trust and believe that theme or amusement parks are by far the greatest creations on this planet. My love for roller coasters is immeasurable. I mean, words cannot simply express the amazement, affection, and deep joy I experience when I hear the words, see, or am on a roller coaster. Fuji Q Highland was just the place for me; and if you share these same feelings with me regarding roller coasters, Fuji Q Highland is also just the place for you.

Entrance to Fuji Q

After tiring weeks of planning, a group of friends and I finally went to Fuji Q Highland, a theme park known for the craziest, daredevil, world record holding rides. The park is meant for each ride to have made some kind of Guinness record. Incredible. That’s the word I would use to describe the level of roller coasters in this park.

Christmas time in Fuji Q

Starting with Eejanaika (ええじゃないか), after waiting in line for about two hours, we buckled in on this 4th dimension roller coaster. The ride has 14 inversions and some of them are the seat itself that turns upside down as the ride itself is going in an upside down motion. It was so insane! This was by far the most exciting and best ride I have ever been on in my life.

Eejanaika Guinness World Record

Takabisha Guinness World Record

Our goal was to ride the main popular rides of the park. That being our goal, we had to deal with the extremely long waiting lines. The rides were definitely worth the wait though! The other rides included Fujiyama (富士山), Takabisha (高飛車), and the world’s longest horror attraction popularly known as the Haunted Hospital(絶凶・戦慄迷宮).

Another reason I would highly recommend going to Fuji Q Highland is because of the view of Mt. Fuji. The mountain looks like it is directly behind the park and the view is unbelievable – just spectacular

Mt. Fuji

Ice Skating Rink in Fuji Q