All Good Things Must Come to an End

by Sallie

It’s hard to believe that we only have two more weeks left in Barcelona, which has lead to a lot of nostalgia about the past three months, and also the steady realization of everything I have to get done in such a short amount of time.

A Londoner's Guide to Instagram

by Madison

Taking photos of London is one of my favorite pastimes, and I’ve put together a list to share some of my favorite spots with you! Whether you are looking to capture unique views of the city or the perfect picturesque hangout spot, you have come to the right place.

Home-Post: Abroad Reflections

by Isabella

I share a reflection on my mood and current state after my experience studying abroad in Australia for the fall.

Sisters in Womanhood

by Brianna

One of the most beautiful aspects of life in Rabat is the silent uptake and support exchanged between women in everyday life. Here, I delve into the historical, religious, cultural perspectives and discuss my experiences as a woman in Moroccan society.

On the Other Side of a Different Sea

by Miah

At home, I used to look out at a big ocean, dreaming of different coasts. Now, on the other side of the world in Nantes, a fun IES Abroad trip reunited me once again with la mer (the sea), reminding me of these old ambitions. This blog is a tribute to this fun trip with great friends, interesting historical sights, and the immense gratitude I'm feeling to experience it (especially with the end of the semester close in sight)!

Feeling Lonely or Homesick? That’s Normal.

by Madison

Rewind to one year ago, before I studied abroad: If there was one constant whenever I asked someone about studying abroad, it’s that somehow every single person had the perfect experience. If asking a peer, it is likely that you’ve heard stories with some choice phrases such as ‘best semester of my life’ or ‘a lifechanging experience.’ I am not to say that those statements are false, but I do feel that there is neglected conversation around the challenges that accompany a study abroad experience. Perhaps people don’t want to discredit their impressive abroad stories by admitting to any challenges that may jeopardize the image of that picture-perfect, life-changing semester. But I created this blog with the full intention of helping out others in a similar position to myself, so let’s get real. It’s time to talk loneliness and homesickness.