ABOUT ME

Mary-Kate Lynch

Hi y’all!

I’m Mary-Kate, a computer science geek/food enthusiast, and I’m SO excited to be in Madrid for six weeks.

A little about me:

I’m double majoring in Computer Science and Spanish at the University of Michigan

I’m 1/6th of the @sixvegansisters

I bake (and eat) a LOT of vegan desserts

I’m on the lookout for the best vegan spot in Madrid, and plan to draw from a large sample pool (in other words, I plan to eat a ton of food)

When I’m not baking, eating, or coding, I go to yoga, read novels, and hang with my family, friends, and boyfriend (oh, and binge watch Netflix shows – no, you can never watch too many Friends episodes)

I have 5 sisters (hence six vegan sisters) and 3 brothers

I like studying Spanish because it’s a challenge and I have fun learning it

I like studying Computer Science for the same reasons (plus I feel fancy when I’m coding)

And finally, I can’t wait to share all of my travels with you!

PS: If you’re interested, I’ve put together a (non-exhaustive, subject to additions) list of places to go for vegan eats in Madrid!

• Chillin’ Café – come here for yummy café food, coffee, cakes, or the menú del dia!
  • Vega – come here for tapas and vegan postres
  • La Encomienda – vegan tacos, need I say more?
  • Bunny’s Deli - tostada con aguacate and cheesecake de estilo Nueva York? YES, PLEASE!
  • Level Veggie Bistro - sushi, burritos, hamburgers – and don’t forget about the desserts! Did someone say DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TARTE?
  • El Fogón Verde - super vegan friendly and uses all seasonal items! Bonus: it’s close to some good museums!
  • B-13 Bar Restaurante – vegan pizza, tapas, and even hot dogs! With amazing desserts and good prices, you can’t go wrong
  • Cookaluzka - this place is completely vegan with amazing reviews, so it’s one of the places I’m most excited for!
  • Distrito Vegano – vegan tapas!!
  • El Perro Gamberro - homestyle vegan food with beer and wine – the perfect combo!
  • Hakuna Matata Veggie - from classic Spanish dishes to American-style burgers, this place has anything you could want! Don’t forget to finish your meal off with an ice-cream topped brownie – YUM!
  • La Reina Banana - a cozy place with amazing vegan food options!
  • Loving Hut - a fully vegan international chain restaurant. I’ve been to Loving Hut Toronto and can’t wait to experience the Madrid location!