I’m Mary-Kate, a computer science geek/food enthusiast, and I’m SO excited to be in Madrid for six weeks.
A little about me:
I’m double majoring in Computer Science and Spanish at the University of Michigan
I’m 1/6th of the @sixvegansisters
I bake (and eat) a LOT of vegan desserts
I’m on the lookout for the best vegan spot in Madrid, and plan to draw from a large sample pool (in other words, I plan to eat a ton of food)
When I’m not baking, eating, or coding, I go to yoga, read novels, and hang with my family, friends, and boyfriend (oh, and binge watch Netflix shows – no, you can never watch too many Friends episodes)
I have 5 sisters (hence six vegan sisters) and 3 brothers
I like studying Spanish because it’s a challenge and I have fun learning it
I like studying Computer Science for the same reasons (plus I feel fancy when I’m coding)
And finally, I can’t wait to share all of my travels with you!
PS: If you’re interested, I’ve put together a (non-exhaustive, subject to additions) list of places to go for vegan eats in Madrid!
- Chillin’ Café – come here for yummy café food, coffee, cakes, or the menú del dia!
- Vega – come here for tapas and vegan postres
- La Encomienda – vegan tacos, need I say more?
- Bunny’s Deli - tostada con aguacate and cheesecake de estilo Nueva York? YES, PLEASE!
- Level Veggie Bistro - sushi, burritos, hamburgers – and don’t forget about the desserts! Did someone say DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TARTE?
- El Fogón Verde - super vegan friendly and uses all seasonal items! Bonus: it’s close to some good museums!
- B-13 Bar Restaurante – vegan pizza, tapas, and even hot dogs! With amazing desserts and good prices, you can’t go wrong
- Cookaluzka - this place is completely vegan with amazing reviews, so it’s one of the places I’m most excited for!
- Distrito Vegano – vegan tapas!!
- El Perro Gamberro - homestyle vegan food with beer and wine – the perfect combo!
- Hakuna Matata Veggie - from classic Spanish dishes to American-style burgers, this place has anything you could want! Don’t forget to finish your meal off with an ice-cream topped brownie – YUM!
- La Reina Banana - a cozy place with amazing vegan food options!
- Loving Hut - a fully vegan international chain restaurant. I’ve been to Loving Hut Toronto and can’t wait to experience the Madrid location!
More Blogs From This Author
<p>Hi there! I’m Mary-Kate, a food blogger and vegan baking enthusiast. I’m so excited to share my travels with you as I explore the city of Madrid and eat all the vegan food! Something fun about me? I have FIVE sisters (+ three brothers) and we share a little piece of our lives on our Instagram and blog, @sixvegansisters.</p>