Taking What I've Learned into 2020

Maria Bonsignore

As we approach the end of the year and the end of the decade, it’s hard not to reflect on all of the experiences we’ve had these last ten years that have shaped who we are today. I’ve certainly changed a lot over the years, but I’m very glad to have been able to conclude this decade with my incredible study abroad experience. I’ve definitely become a much stronger, more confident person than I was when I first left home in September and I’m excited to take everything that I’ve learned this semester with me into 2020. Next decade, I hope that I’ll have the opportunity to visit not only Europe but a wide variety of different places around the world, experiencing and learning many new things. Right now, however, it’s unfortunately time to start focusing on the dreaded job hunting and preparing for the upcoming Spring semester...

For my last post as an IES correspondent, I decided to share some of my favorite photos and most memorable experiences from this semester in a gallery below. I wanted to include photos from all of the places that I visited, but I realized that to do so would require way more than one post and decided only to include photos of Rome. I only wish that I had the photography skills to show off the beauty of Rome a bit better!