Back in the USA

Margot Kempczynski

I’ve been back home in the US for a while now, so it’s safe to say that I’ve settled back in. During my final days in Buenos Aires, I was excited to come back home, but still very sad about leaving a place I had come to love so much. After almost 5 months in Buenos Aires, it really started to feel like another home of mine, and a city I could truly say I was familiar with.

When I first got back to the US it was great. I was so happy to see my family and finally be around all the things I had been missing–my friends, my home, my favorite restaurants, my car. At first it felt weird to hear English being spoken, especially in places where I would order coffee or at the supermarket for instance. But pretty soon, I got right back into the swing of things and my semester abroad felt almost like a dream that had never happened. Even thinking about it now, it feels like it was so far away. I already miss it!

These photos include my last day with my host family and house mate, Meagan, and then some things I did upon arriving in the states. I was greeted by a picturesque snowfall (somewhat of a rude awakening coming back from the warm and balmy BA weather), and spent my first weekend back visiting friends of mine in Boston, a classic New England city I had missed very much.