The City of Bridges and Canals

Margaret Anderle

A bit more of my last bout of travelling, this stop, Amsterdam. While in Amsterdam I got to travel to Keukenoff to see the tulip fields/gardens, and spent a lot of time walking around the city with my friend Tara as a tour guide, who is studying there for the semester. The city was beautiful and we had great weather for the whole trip. I got to try some native dutch cuisine, dutch pancakes, which were incredible. All in all it was one of my favorite trips, and I am so thankful to Tara for showing me around, and for the opportunity to see Holland and Amsterdam, the native country of my great grandfather. 

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"259726","attributes":{"alt":"","class":"media-image","height":"480","width":"360"}}]]

Margaret Anderle

<p>I am a student studying history, political science, and international relations at the University of Rochester, interested in pursuing a career in law and politics. I love to travel, read, and go on new adventures, the next of which is my semester abroad in Dublin, Ireland studying at Trinity College. I like to express my thoughts and opinions through photography and blogging, and have organized my class structure such that I am always learning new things about the world around me. I think its important to look at our past to formulate positive change for the future, and I hope that with experience in politics and history I can hope to contribute in a positive way to the world around me, wherever my adventures may take me.&nbsp;</p>