It’s Good To Be Home

Lauren Chapman

So its been just over a week since I returned home from New Zealand. Surprisingly, it doesn’t feel very weird to be home. The weirdest part is to think that I have been gone for four months, that I actually spent 4 months in New Zealand. Random little things will remind me of something from my semester abroad, which at times I feel like can annoy the people I bore with all my stories, but I hope that it continues to happen. That a little piece of New Zealand will always stay with me.

Although I easily acclimated back into my life here at home, I am not quite the same person I was before I left. As a good kiwi friend told me, I have added some new tools to my tool belt to help me out in life- tools I couldn’t have acquired without leaving home.

There is one other big change about me since I left home… I am engaged! As I return home from my big adventure abroad, I begin a new adventure with my amazing fiance.

Thanks for tuning in to my adventures!