Busy Days

Killian Gilvary

Through IES, I am able to participate in an internship this semester. I am so excited, and I feel so lucky to be able to have the experience of working in Rome. My internship this semester is through the C.R.E.T.A Rome Gallery and Ceramics School which I mentioned in my previous blog! After going to the pottery aperitivo and meeting both Lori-Ann and Paolo, I knew I wanted to have my internship experience with them.

As an intern at C.R.E.T.A, I am currently helping with setting up the classes and cleaning up afterwards. I love having the opportunity to meet so many new and interesting people through the classes. In about a month, I will begin to help Lori-Ann with a new exhibit opening as well as advertising for her new summer workshops.

These are glaze testers that show you what your glaze will look like after being cooked in the kiln.

Lori-Ann has all of the tools very well organized.

This blue colored clay was being used to make bowls.

By making the clay into balls, the bowl could then be made with a bunch of different colors.

While I absolutely love my internship, it definitely creates much longer and busier days. The plus side to this though is that I can justify a sweet treat after all of my hard work. I always make a point to stop at my favorite gelato place on the way home. Along with a sweet treat, a great way to unwind from a long and busy day is to get dressed up and hang out with friends.

My all time favorite gelato from Del Viale.

The best way to end a stressful day is to spend time with some of your favorite people!