Verona and Venice!

Killian Gilvary

About two weekends ago, I was lucky enough to travel to Verona and Venice! I have wanted to go to Verona to see Juliet’s house for so long, so I was definitely excited for it to be actually happening. Unfortunately, other than Juliet’s house and a few other touristy things, there wasn’t much to do in Verona. But even so, the city itself is beautiful and I definitely do not regret making the trip there.

The Verona Amphitheatre!

The walls at the entrance of Juliet’s house!

Love locks at Juliet’s house.

I have never seen anything like the city of Venice. As soon as we got out of the train station, I was in love. The canals were beautiful, the buildings were beautiful, everything was beautiful. The first day we were there we got lost multiple times because of the dead ends created by the canals, but by the second day we had gotten the hang of the city. On our second day we went on a gondola ride! A Venice trip cannot be complete without a gondola ride. It was so neat to see the city by boat rather than by foot. After the ride, we walked around and hit all the important spots and then ate the best gelato I have ever had. I know I say that a lot in these blogs, but I swear I have never tasted anything so delicious! After our lovely day in Venice, we called it a night in order to be rested for our day of touring the surrounding islands. Our tour took us to Murano, Burano, and Torcello. Burano was my favorite by far. It was like a fairytale. The colorful houses were amazing to look at. Even though it was such a tiny island, I could have spent all day there. Murano and Torcello were beautiful as well, but nothing compared to Burano.

There were gondolas everywhere in Venice!

Here is a picture from my gondola ride!

The view from the Rialto Bridge.

The yummiest gelato ever from the Suso gelateria.

Venetian masks are sold everywhere and are worn during Venice’s carnevale.

The beautiful houses of Burano.

The reflections of the houses on the water were so perfect.

I could have stayed on that island forever. They are also famous for cookies, what more could a girl ask for?

My favorite window. The colors are magnificent.

Overall, it was a great trip and I am so glad that I got to visit the iconic city of Venice.

Me and my perfect travel buddy.