The BEST of Milan

Kate Cook square headshot
Kate Cook
The BEST of Milan

BEST CHEAP & QUICK FOOD #1

Tyche Greek Pita Gyros (Corso di Porta Ticinese 40, 20123 Milano Italia) 

Absolutely delicious Greek food—I didn’t like Greek food before trying this place. I recommend the pita pollo. It's cheap and definitely filling.

BEST CHEAP AND QUICK FOOD #2

Delicious Baobing (Viale Bligny, 26, 20136 Milano MI)

This place is the cutest. It is cheap chinese(ish) food—dumplings and noodles. Everything is homemade and you can watch them making it. The family that runs it is so so nice and the food is so good. My favorite order is the dumplings with meat sauce (a fan favorite of many people).

BEST PIZZA 

BeBop (Viale Col di Lana, 4, 20136 Milano MI)

BeBop is a pizzeria/restaurant that has an entire section dedicated to gluten free meals. However, their regular menu is also extremely delicious. It has a great atmosphere and is a nicer sit down restaurant but isn't expensive. Everything is pretty much below $20 and the pizzas are all around $8. If going for dinner, maybe make a reservation just to be safe. 

BEST CLUB 

Dirty Mondays (Piazza Armando Diaz, 1, 20123 Milano MI)

My favorite place to be in Milan. It is only open on Mondays and you should put your name down on the list on their website to get in with a lower cover fee. They play rock music and throwbacks but the music doesn’t really matter because the energy in there is so fun. Try to get there after 12:30 which is when it's most fun. If you see a guy in a cowboy hat, that's the owner Paolo. Tell him I say hi. He's the best. Honestly, most clubs are fun it just depends on the group of friends that you go with. 

BEST GELATO 

Le Colonne Gelati & Crepes Famose (Corso di Porta Ticinese, 75, Milano, 20123)

This place has over a 4.5 rating on every website I have looked on. It is delicious and has crepes AND gelato. The staff here are so friendly and I have the best time. 

BEST ICED COFFEE 

Frankie's Cafe (Corso di Porta Ticinese, 89, 20123 Milano MI)

Frankie's is one of the few places that you will actually find an iced coffee. It isn't perfect, but it's pretty good and somedays you just really want an iced coffee. Another option is 12 OZ Coffee Joint (just google it, they can be found anywhere), but I think that Frankie's is just yummier, plus they have more fun options. 

LATE NIGHT MUNCHIES

La Boutique del panino e della birra (fronte civico n. 4 Chiosco bar, Piazzale di Porta Lodovica, 20136 Milano MI)

If you are going to go anywhere on this list, go here. It opens from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. so if you’re coming back from a ~late night adventure~ and find yourself craving some food, I promise this place is the best ever. They have fresh paninis with so many options and toppings. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. 

BEST BREAKFAST 

NOWHERE (Via Caminadella 15, Milan, Italy)

Italians don't really eat breakfast, so nowhere is a gem to know. You can find eggs, toast, pastries, and other typical breakfast foods. In all honesty, this cafe is more pricey than just getting a croissant at any other cafe, but if you want a real breakfast, it's worth it. 

This list is by no means law, but its just what I’ve found to like best here in Milan. I hope it helps you to orientate yourself around the city and that you are able to make your own list of favorites. 

Ciao!