Let the Games Begin

You know that infamous question, that if you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and why? Well I just finished my meal, and luckily for me I'm about to eat dessert. 

To explain, we need to go back to where it all began, to my first experience with studying abroad. But no, it wasn't me who got to travel the world and learn at the same time, (in fact this is my first time leaving North America) but rather one of my now best friends, a German who came to my high school three years ago. To keep it short and for the sake of this blog, I will only say that meeting him opened my eyes to the world around me, and I realized how time spent living in another culture can transform your life. So when I took the leap of faith and applied to study in Europe, internally I knew it would entail at least some time spent in Germany visiting him. But only when I stepped off the plane and sat down in the back patio of a Hannover café did I realize what it meant to be across from a kid with which I had grown so close to in such a short amount of time. I will never forget it. Hence why this was my meal with anyone, and why I am so excited to embark on a journey of my own... aka dessert.

I'm thinking a big scoop of helado, or maybe some churros y chocolate? ¿Por qué no los dos? Needless to say, I am ready for it all, and don't want to miss a beat.

For those of you who will continue to read the rest of my blogs, you should expect to see a few common themes:

1. Spanish! First and foremost, this trip is a guide that will help me continue learning the language as I pursue a double major in Spanish and Business. I really hope to incorporate phrases or words I find interesting, so long as I think you will, too. 
  2. Adventures! Since going to college five minutes away from my hometown makes it just a little bit harder to try new things, I won't be saying no to any new experiences on this trip.
  3. Soccer! It hasn't been apparent in this blog, (yet) but soccer is my favorite sport to both watch and play, and unless you live under a rock you know that this summer just so happens to be one that includes that tournament they play every four years with all the countries ;) I'll try not to mention it in at least one of my other blogs.
  4. Pictures! Because this journey needs to be remembered.

So let the games begin. Literally and figuratively.