“We are all pilgrims who seek Italy.”

Elisabeth Hawthorne

Study abroad demands that you adjust an already perilous balance of school, social life, and sleep.  Add in another category of travel and I admit I have not yet figured out how this circus act is accomplished.  And then of course there is work – this blog and my internship at the American Academy in Rome (more info to come!), both activities I enjoy immensely, though find at turns to be sort of stressful.

You deserve better than infrequent posts.  And yes, I need to tell you about the realistic, muddy parts of life abroad, but that doesn’t mean I should forgo the beautiful, thrilling parts in my eagerness to be accurate to the real study abroad experience!  My silence has been the result of my own listening and looking, and I am ready to share my observations with you.  Here are some of the sights I am privileged to experience in the everyday, composed into an image essay of sorts.  I’ll let the city do the talking…

Featuring: Castel Sant’Angelo, Old Man Tiber (river), the Roman Forum, Markets of Trajan, Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore.

Guest appearances: view from the Janiculum hill, Altare della Patria aka the Wedding Cake, and Cicio the WonderCat.