Chao for Now

Danielle Twichel
default blog image with travel icons on a blue background

Less than a week left in Ecuador, and I keep getting the question "are you excited to go home?"

In all honesty, I can´t say that I am. In fact,  I will be boarding this plane kicking and screaming. Having experienced such a beautiful semester here, it is easy for me to feel devestated in anticipation of my return home. 

Still, just as I knew I could adapt to a foreign culture, I am confident that I will promply adjust to life as normal. Which has me thinking... What is my "normal" life? I am one semester away from graduating, one semester away from having to make a real choice about my future. 

I thought that maybe Ecuador would provide me with the answer. In the least, I thought that I would discover what I wanted for my future career. Truth is, though, I still have no clue. Does this mean that I failed?

No, not in the slightest. I did learn something even more important from my time here. I gained a specific confidence, one that tells me that I will never allow my life to become something boring. This time abroad has showed me to knock open doors to opportunities that I thought never existed, and I cannot wait to see what I am going to do with them.

As for now, una despedida agridulce (a bitterweet goodbye), and lots of love to this diverse country that has never failed to captivate me.