Uni, Meat, and Taupo

Clayton Kovich

Kia Ora!

I figured it’s about time I submitted another post to keep you all up to date. So these past two weeks have been bonkers. My first assignment got turned in and I am working on my second. Pretty scary, seeing as how they are all 25% of my final grade. But I feel good about them so far. I also attended my first few beer society meetings and met some really cool people. I also attended my first meat club BBQ. You can join and it’s all you can eat BBQ’s every other week, all semester, for free! Pretty rad, if you ask me. I had 6 burgers today. They were too good. Then this past weekend I went with 4 friends to Taupo. We found some hot pools to swim in, went hiking in the snowy mountains and found the Grand Budapest Hotel (not really, but it was darn close). I got to play on the beach and have a snowball fight in the same day! One thing crossed off my NZ bucket list! We all slept in the back of the van together too, which was pretty cramped. I was happy to have my bed back upon returning. But it was good fun. I am quite keen to travel some more with these friends. We are looking at a Rotorua trip later in the semester, so I will keep you posted on that. I have heaps of new poetry, some good, some not so good. I figured I would share one in a separate post. So check that out. Also photos are all over Facebook. I hope all is well for you as it is for me.

Kia Ora!
Clayton