Make New Friends But Keep the Old (Pre-Departure)

Callan Swaim
Good Friends, Good Food

Greetings from the frozen tundra of Ohio! My name is Callan Swaim and I am a junior who attends Wittenberg University where I am studying Business Marketing and Spanish. When my face isn’t buried in books (like every college student) I play for the Wittenberg volleyball team, am involved in Greek Life, and hold a few jobs on campus. There is never a dull moment. 

Well, T minus 38 days until I will be Buenos Aires, "BA" bound. After dusting off my Evita tape and watching it with my family a few times, I can honestly say that I am 100% prepared for departure, except for the packing part. It's funny though, leaving to live in another country for 5 months makes a great excuse to see old friends and family, especially those friends that you haven’t seen since high school. Knowing that I will be waking up in a new world, making new friends, and experiencing different but exciting things daily, makes me pay a little bit more attention to the familiar things in life. 

Cheers to nostalgia and all the adventures that await in Buenos Aires! 

Chau!