Ezio & Fiammetta Vergani Endowed Scholarship
- Fall/Academic Year Deadline: May 1
- Spring/Calendar Year Deadline: November 1
Ezio Vergani lives in Milan, Italy. Ezio is the former Chair of the IES Abroad Board of Directors and has served as member of the Board since 1994. When he was a high school student in Italy, Ezio was awarded a scholarship by AFS International (American Field Service) to study his senior year at Schozing High School in Florida. In response to his own life-changing experience, he created the Vergani Scholarship at IES Abroad.
Ezio is an entrepreneur and his company, ASCO Pompe S.r.l., manufactures industrial equipment for energy-related applications worldwide. Headquartered in Milan, their production facilities are located in Italy, France, and China. Fiammetta was a freelance journalist writing for tourism and convention business magazines. She was also a media representative in Italy for organizations in the travel and convention business.
Through this scholarship, Ezio and Fiammetta intended to provide college students with the opportunity to have a similar transformational and exciting study abroad experience.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Enroll in a semester or full year IES Abroad program.
- Identify as an underrepresented student.
- Attend a U.S. college or university.
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $30,000 or less.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0).