Edward Mowatt Endowed Scholarship
- Fall/Academic Year Deadline: May 1
- Spring/Calendar Year Deadline: November 1
These scholarships are for students on IES Abroad London semester and year programs.
Professor Edward Mowatt joined the Institute of European Studies (now IES Abroad) in 1962 as a professor and academic counselor to students. In 1968 he became became Center Director at IES Abroad Vienna in Austria. While in Vienna, Mowatt met and married Eileen C. Benko, Vienna 1965-66 and 1966-67. During his time in Vienna, he maintained his professional and personal contacts in England, particularly at the London School of Economics where he had been lecturing in Philosophy. In the spring of 1974, Professor Mowatt founded the London program and served as a professor of Philosophy and the first Center Director until 1979, when he left IES Abroad to pursue other international opportunities. During his tenure at London, the enrollment grew from 19 students in the first year to 184 in 1979. Professor Mowatt designed an integrated unit of study as well as a partnership with the London School of Economics.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Enroll in an IES Abroad London semester or full year program.
- Attend a member or associate member school of the IES Abroad Consortium.
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $30,000 or less.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0).