Clarence & Alberta Giese Endowed Scholarship
- Fall/Academic Year Deadline: May 1
- Spring/Calendar Year Deadline: November 1
In September 1950, 23 American students boarded the SS Volendam to begin their journey to Vienna where they would spend the next year living and studying in the Austrian capital. Paul Koutny, an idealistic Austrian student who envisioned the project together with Clarence and Alberta Giese, who were two of the original 23 students, launched the Institute for European Studies -- now IES Abroad -- from these humble beginnings. “The Clarence and Alberta Giese Endowed Scholarship” honors the Gieses and was established in recognition of the 60th anniversary of IES Abroad in 2010. The endowed scholarship fund provides financial aid for need-based scholarships to students attending IES Abroad - Vienna.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Enroll in an IES Abroad Vienna semester program.
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $30,000 or less.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0).