We love to share our favorite study abroad photos tagged with #IESabroad or @iesabroad on Instagram.
During the past two months, our students (both past and present) have been reflecting on their incredible experiences while studying abroad. From exploring the Ancient Agora in Greece, trekking the Sahara in Morocco, or exploring the first snowfall in Japan, our students are enjoying study abroad’s simple pleasures. Check out our Top 10 Study Abroad Instagram Photos from December 2016 & January 2017 and be sure to tag your photos with #IESabroad for a chance to be featured in February!
1. Austria | #iesvienna #vienna #opera #singer #travel #studyabroad #studyabroad2016#hawksabroad #iesabroad | @gabriellegutierrez
2. European Union | In the last 4 months, traveling to over 10 countries, I have made memories that will last a lifetime and would like to thank all of those who made them possible. From the new things I've seen to the amazing people I've met, study abroad was truly a life changing experience. Time to go home. #futureoftheeu#studyabroad #sylitos #puzzles4life #ies#iesabroad | @smontgomery71
3. Greece | #TBT to the ancient agora...missing Greece already, can't wait to go back someday #Athens #greece#stoa #agora #studyabroad #iesabroad#perspective | @aliyah_zoe
4. Ireland | A year ago I arrived in the most amazing city, met the most beautiful humans and started my adventures to the most magical places #wheresthecraic #itsindublin#throwbackfriday #thegrassISgreener | @burke_kellyy
5. Japan | @britt_imada 私の初雪です！ #snow #winter #Nikko#japan #pretty #iesabroad | @jeulin
6. Morocco | @moroccanaround
7. Multi-Location | THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR GIVING ME THE WORLD! Over the last 100 days, I have visited 24 cities in 7 different countries. I have seen some of the most beautiful places in the world and found a home away from home in Madrid. Studying abroad has hands down been the most amazing experience of my life and I am so thankful to my parents for allowing me to live this dream. I love you so much Mom and Dad (and Jessica too of course) and I can’t wait to be reunited in a matter of just a few hours! #iesabroad #iwustudyabroad | @amanda.lack
8. Spain | Biking around Barcelona... Barcelona ya te quiero! #IESabroad | @biajardimc
9. Switzerland | May 2015. My class was stuck in a traffic jam on the way back from Italy. We were stuck on a particularly scenic stretch of highway in Southern Switzerland. For an hour I was able to use my iPhone to take stills of the Alps from the bus windows as we inched our way along. #latergram #iesabroad #createcommune#vibes #agameoftones | @colormeadri
10. The Netherlands | Nothing better than having one last meal together! Thanks for the awesome semester! #farewelldinner#goinghomeforchristmas #iesabroad#studyabroad | @iesabroadamsterdam
We want to see study abroad through your eyes! Hashtag your Instagram photos with #IESabroad to show us what study abroad looks like to you. And for more student-curated content, check out our study abroad student blogs, and our recently launched Snapchat account, @IESAbroad, where you’ll find advice, travel tips, and first-hand accounts of what's happening at our Centers around the world!
Want to see more photos from abroad? Check out our Top 10 Study Abroad Instagram Photos from February 2017!