IES Abroad Customized Programs offers a variety of services to promote and implement customized and faculty-led study abroad programs. Below are just some of the ways we support the marketing of your program to your students.
1. Information Sessions - In the city-specific IES Abroad Customized Programs Marketing Toolkit, you’ll find guidelines for conducting a productive session, as well as presentation templates to help you do it. Consider having someone from faculty, the study abroad office, and, if possible, a student who has participated in the program in the past, present to answer all types of questions during the session.
2. Classroom Sessions - Bring in a study abroad coordinator to speak on the program during the participating faculty member’s course. Faculty can also include information about the study abroad program before, after, or as part of, their lecture using the slide template provided in our Marketing Toolkit.
3. Study Abroad Blogs - We feature student bloggers from each location every semester and summer term on our website. Your students can experience study abroad at your chosen location through the eyes (and words) of participants who are currently on site.
4. Program Alumni - There are 600+ IES Abroad Ambassadors each year who volunteer to answer questions and provide advice to prospective students. Your students can connect with Ambassadors and filter through to speak with an alum who has:
5. Virtual Tours - Do your students want to know what it's really to study abroad? We offer Virtual Tours for Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, London, Nantes, Paris, and Rome. Tours can be viewed with the Virtual Reality Viewer app or directly from our website. Each tour shows you our IES Abroad Center, city-specific housing types, and local landmarks, neighborhoods, and universities in that location.
6. Flyers & Posters - We provide flyer and poster templates for both print and digital so you can promote your programs in the student union, on campus television, or on the bulletin board outside of your office. Our IES Abroad Design team can also create custom collateral to your specifications upon request.
7. Visual Media - In the Marketing Toolkit, you'll find high quality photos and videos of your program location, which can help you capture student interest via email, social, and online.
8. Social Media - Whether it’s on the departmental Facebook page, the study abroad office’s Instagram, or the University’s Twitter, we’ve got tips, tricks, and even hashtag examples to help you get the word out.
Want to learn more about building a customized or faculty-led study abroad program with IES Abroad? Submit an interest form today!