After more than 100 film submissions, thousands of Facebook votes, some tears, and a ton of laughter—we are in the 3rd year of our award-winning Study Abroad Film Festival!
We invite students to submit up to three short films that tell a compelling story about study abroad and how it redefined your world.
Unlike the last two years, this year’s film festival incorporates new categories that we hope challenge you, inspire you, and take your film to the next level.
- A Day in the Life (90 second maximum)
Your day is more extraordinary than you realize- show us what it looks like! Submit to this category to give a brief, but vibrant glimpse into your day-to-day life abroad.
- Creative Short (10 minute maximum)
Creative Shorts can be stories of personal development and reflection, music videos, exploration of social issues and events in your host country, documentaries, and more. Like the title says—think outside the box and get creative!
- IES Abroad Film Course Production
For any films created as part of an IES Abroad film course.
July 1, 2016.
- Grand Prize: $1,000, and an invitation to a screening of your film at the IES Abroad Annual Conference
- First Place (3): $500, in each category
- It’s a chance to document your adventures abroad in a format that you can enjoy forever
- You can bring to light an issue or topic of importance to you
- You’ll gain exposure and recognition
- You could win $1,500! Need we say more?
You don’t have to be a film-maker to make a movie about study abroad—you just have to have a story to tell!
Find out more about How It Works and read the Terms & Conditions before Submitting Your Film.