Shanghai on Pause: A Week in Taipei

Sarah Duncan

We took a week-long field trip to Taiwan, and it was unforgettable! Taipei is the hidden gem of Asia, if you ask me.

We visited Taipei 101, which is even more impressive in real life Yi poses with Love! We visited the Taiwan Stock Exchange and learned how it got started Students pose in front of the National Palace Museum of Taiwan Children perform a traditional Confucian ceremony at the temple. IES students watch the Confucian ceremony The whole IES gang at the Confucian temple We saw many people come to worship at the Daoist temple We visited a paper store to learn about their business, and ended up buying a lot of birthday cards The World Religions Museum, which is the only one of its kind in the whole world the IES group in front of Taiwan's parliament, the Legislative Yuan The gateway to the Chiang Kai Shek memorial IES had a great time at the Chiang Kai Shek memorial! Chiang Kai Shek.  Don't be fooled by the photo, this statue was huge. Guarding the statue of Chiang Kai Shek The view from the top of the memorial stairs The creative arts park! Full of little shops, restaurants, and exhibits. Little kids enjoy soccer and kites at the creative arts park. Not pictured: at least 100 pet dogs. A quick idea of how popular the night market is