Real Valladolid Soccer Game

Micaela Ferguson

One Sunday, my friends and I decided to visit Valladolid to see a soccer game. Salamanca, unfortunately, no longer has a soccer team, but Valladolid was a fairly short bus ride away, so we thought we’d make the trip. 

It was a really fun day! We arrived early and spent the afternoon exploring Valladolid. To be honest, there wasn’t too much happening there. I assume this is because Sundays tend to be quiet anywhere. But we enjoyed getting lost in the streets and then finding our way to the stadium.

Being in the stadium was a comforting feeling. Wherever you go, sports stadiums always have the same vibe before a game. It’s an exciting feeling as everyone piles in with their banners and scarves and popcorn. Although the popcorn at this stadium did not taste the same as the popcorn back home. Nevertheless, the excitement was there.

The game was so much fun to watch. Whenever a goal was made, the stadium erupted and everyone waved their scarves in the air. Although Real Valladolid is a Division II team, it had a fairly large fan base.

Valladolid won the match! On our way out, there was a lot of traffic and the streets were hard to cross. My friend almost got hit by a car! But we were able to make it safely back to the bus station before our bus left.