Benvenuti a roma!

Madison Daubert

We have arrived in Rome! Our apartment was about a five-minute walk to Vatican city and centrally located. Our first week started off by taking a guided tour of the biggest sites in the city such as the Spanish steps, the Pantheon, and the Trevi fountain. We all threw a coin into the fountain to make a wish that we would come back to Rome. We got to meet our student companion, who showed us around her city and showed us a little bit of the night life. We danced the night away right into our first week of classes! For one of our classes, we went to the Colosseum and learned about its long history. During our first weekend, we traveled to the beautiful Frascati region for a special wine tasting tour. We learned about how they make and store their wine to ensure they produce the best taste, and got to taste each kind. IES Abroad Rome organized a pasta-making class for us one of our first nights. We got to make our own linguine pasta with a pesto sauce. We each made our own tiramisu for dessert. Most importantly, we ate lots and lots of gelato!