The Best Vegetarian/Vegan Food I ate in Ireland

Kylie Klassen headshot
Kylie Klassen

Before coming to Dublin, I was feeling a little nervous about being a vegetarian/vegan abroad. I soon came to find out that the options in the city were numerous and so tasty! These are some of my favorite things I ate and places I would recommend trying. 

Little Pyg:

This cute little restaurant is tucked away in Powerscourt Townshouse Centre and they’re famous for their pizza.

Inside of the Little Pyg Restaurant

I went there with my parents on St. Patrick’s Day and got a vegan margherita pizza! This was honestly one of the best vegan pizzas i've ever had, and you got to watch them make it in a colorful pizza oven!

pizza

Cornucopia:

This was one of my favorite finds in Dublin. I have been craving ice cream for so long, but could only find sorbet options. Well, Cornucopia has vegan soft serve ice cream which is an absolute game changer. It tasted just like the real thing and was extremely affordable as well. 

Vegan soft serve

Happy’s:

Located on the River Liffey, this restaurant had some of the best plant based food I have ever eaten. I order the sesame burger, which was made of plant based chicken. It was sooooooo good! 

Inside of my sesame burger

The vibes in this place were super good too, look at their bathrooms! This is a must go for vegans.

Purple lighting and poster cover Happy's bathroom

Stoned Pizza:

This take-away place has a whole vegan menu! They have everything from pizza to wings available, and all vegan! I had the cauliflower wings and they were amazing!

Cauliflower wings

The Saucy Cow:

This place has vegan fast food! Their food is labeled as “big, dirty, and vegan” which is an awesome combo. 

Outside of The Saucy Cow, the window sign says Big, Dirty, Vegan

They even have vegan cheesecake! 

Vegan cheesecake

Murray’s:

Okay, cauliflower wings again, but I couldn't get enough! Plus, there’s live music and even Irish dancing. This is a great place to take your parents for dinner!

Vegan cauliflower wings in a bowl

The Front Porch: 

This restaurant was enormous on the inside! They had vegan chili nachos and the vegan cheese tasted so real! Would recommend if you head to Galway ever. 

Vegan chili nachos