End of June

Kellyanne Rooney

I cannot believe how fast my first month has gone by. Everyone told me before I left how fast it would feel, but I truly told myself it wouldn't and I was completely wrong. It is absolutely crazy thought to think about everything I have been able to do thus far. I have been lucky enough to travel to Galway, Cliffs of Moher, seaside towns outside of Dublin, and Northern Ireland. July will be even crazier, as I have trips planned for Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Iceland. It is going to be a crazy month to say the least. 

I highly suggest planning an overnight stay in Galway and doing Cliffs of Moher the next day. That's what my friends and I did and it was such a great experience. I fell in love with Galway. Between the gorgeous architecture, fun night life, and lovely people, I made a promise with myself that I will make it back there one day. Cliffs of Moher were unreal. It honestly exceeded my expectations and luckily my friends and I had a gorgeous sunny day for it. We also took a ferry ride and saw the cliffs from the bottom up which was amazing as well. 

Through the IES program, I had the chance to visit Northern Ireland which was a very cool trip. We visited Giant's Causeway which reminded me a bit of Cliffs of Moher, but they're quite different if you really look. We stayed at a lovely hotel right across from the beach that was near Giant's Causeway.  As well, we took a castle tour and saw a lot of places where Game of Thrones was filmed. Although I don't watch the show, it was still so cool to see these amazing castles. As well, we were able to visit the Titanic Musuem in Belfast the first day which was very interesting to see. It truly connects you with the passengers aboard the ship. As well, we took a bus tour through Belfast and saw the amazing artwork from the period of the Troubles. Overall, it was a very informative trip and lots of fun. 

What I really am most excited for is visiting Killarney with my mom and sister next week. My grandmother grew up there and to be able to see the family farm will be a surreal experience. I will be able to truly connect with my roots.