Kasha’s 1st March Update

Kasharena Horton

Kasha’s March update

This is a video answering three questions about my study abroad experience so far. The scene is set on a sunny day in Hyde Park. The questions focus on how my world view has changed because of the study abroad experience and how I felt interacting with locals.

I think what also made it hard for me to build relationships with locals is that I am the minority in London. Meaning there is not a lot of young 20 year olds around, and the ones I do find are not locals. Also, I didn’t realize till recently, that London although diverse, still lacks integration. For example, there are a few areas in London where all races are mixed together. I went to Borough Market the other day and looked around to realize that the crowd was filled with mostly white people. Then I went to Brixton, where the crowd was mostly filled with black people. This separation astonishes me. It is like this with other races in London as well, where certain people have their certain corners.