Roaming Rome

Hana Yoon

It has officially been one week since settling into the apartment and we live on the west half of the Tiber so nearly everything is in walking distance – so I’ve been up to lots of exploring and have already seen a few of the city’s best sites!

The view from our living room window

A perfect little nook in the kitchen for a nibble & coffee in the morning

A peek into the bedroom which is incredibly spacious and has gorgeous views

The IES Center is placed along the river and the morning walk to classes has amazing views of Castel Sant’Angleo as well as St. Peter’s Basilica. The Pantheon and Piazza Navona are also just a little ways away from the center and I’ve found myself ended up there often while meandering about the ‘lil side streets of the city.

Castel Sant’Angelo

St. Peter’s dome lit up at night

The Pantheon at night

It’s easy to get lost in the network of side streets, but with views like this, it isn’t so bad

The city at night is an entirely different experience than the city during the day. For the most part, the locals own the night since tourists have left for the day and since Italians tend to eat past 8pm – something I’m still getting used to – the streets were filled with people eating, drinking, and/or treating themselves to gelato!

A typical nighttime scene

It’s only been a week but it still amazes me that this city has so much historical depth that, even without meaning to, it’s easy to run into ancient ruins or historical sites. I’m excited for classes to start so I can really delve into the layers of the past that have made Rome what it is today!

Ciao!