Post-Rome and Back at Home

Hana Yoon

Now that I’ve settled back into the rhythm of being back at home, it’s hard to believe that not so long ago I was in Rome. While I wish I could have stayed in Italy for longer than I had, I’m so thankful to have called Rome my home for 6 wonderful weeks! It was quite the learning experience – both inside and outside the classroom – and I never could have imagined how much I would come to love the things that make the city what it is including:

The layers of ancient history attached to the identity of the city itself where ruins are an everyday part of the landscape

There’s more to Italian cuisine than just pizza but Roman pizza is still out of this world!

Italian culture incorporates a great balance between work/play with people taking the time to enjoy meals and drinks out with friends without any rush

Every inch of the city is picturesque with its cobblestone streets, rustic architecture, ancient monuments, and even just the simple bike looks beautiful

And of course, the gelato! How can you not love Roma’s gelato

Ciao, Roma – I’ll be back for you!