At the end of every term, our Paris French Studies Program awards prizes to students in various categories. Below is a list of the students who won the awards for Spring 2014.
Prix de français/French Award
Awarded to the students who made the most concerted effort to respect the French-only rule, and to speak French at the Center and during all IES Abroad-sponsored activities.
- Daisy Marquez, Loyola University of Chicago
- Graice Van Spankeren, Illinois Wesleyan University
Prix de mérite/Merit Award
Awarded to the students who significantly invested themselves academically and in extracurricular activities during the semester.
- Elizabeth Bews, St. Olaf College
- Anu Kumar, Indiana University
- Hao Tian, Lehigh University
- Mary Elizabeth Winther, Hope College
Prix d’engagement/Commitment Award
Awarded to the students who significantly invested themselves in the IES Abroad and Paris community during the semester.
- Anne Lawrenson, Penn State University
- Samantha Shelton, Penn State University
- Kathryn Siede, DePaul University
- Jonathan Woodrow, Amherst College
Prix d’excellence/Excellence Award
Awarded to the students who demonstrated the best academic and extracurricular performance, and significant personal investment during their time abroad.
- Martin Mccormack , Fordham University
- Gina O'Neill, DePaul University
- Joshua Blonsky, University of Minnesota
- Julia Schrank, Penn State University
Prix Perec/Perec Award
Awarded to the students whose literary adaptations of Georges Perec’s "An Attempt at Exhausting a Place in Paris" were selected by a committee of faculty and staff members for their creativity and expression in French.
- Timothy Gruber, University of Richmond
- Kelly Mueller, Lehigh University