For the fifth year in a row, IES Abroad is participating in #GivingTuesday—a global day of giving. On November 27th, join us as we set out to raise funds for IES Abroad Scholarships, increasing access to study abroad.
Last year, we raised more than $23,000 for the IES Abroad Scholarship Fund, which made it possible for more students to make their study abroad dreams a reality. This year, our goal is to inspire 250 gifts in 24 hours—100% for scholarships for students with financial need to study and intern abroad next year.
All gifts, no matter the amount, will create access to the life-changing opportunities that study abroad provides. Save the date and make your tax-deductible gift on November 27th on our #GivingTuesday fundraising page.
Why give? Well, we have 27 reasons for you:
- Open the door to a world of opportunity for more students in 2019
- Scholarships change lives. Check out our album 27 Days | 27 Stories for #GivingTuesday to see how
- Boost career-readiness and transform a future
- Empower students to become global citizens
- Challenge perspectives
- Be the cause of new international friendships
- Challenge a student to explore beyond their comfort zone
- Help students reach their full potential
- Give the gift of immersion in another language and culture
- Add diversity to the role of U.S. student ambassador
- Alleviate the financial burden that can keep international education out of reach
- Build bridges that connect cultures and communities
- Make a global impact
- Enable a student to get lost and find themselves in another city
- Transform a life through study abroad
- Relieve Black Friday Shoppers’ remorse
- Provide a world of opportunity to a student with financial need
- Spark a student’s spirit of adventure and curiosity
- Engender a sense of connectivity at a global scale
- Provide a student with the chance to become part of a host family
- Make it possible for a student to add international experience to their resume
- Divert students’ attention from their screens to the world around them
- Join the group of proud donors who change lives through IES Abroad Scholarships
- Allow a student to make the most of their time – travel to new places, take that salsa dance class, try new foods, make new friends
- Engender independence, new perspectives, and cross-cultural communication skills
- Help students discover a new talent or passion
- Provide a reason for joy, hope, and inspiration among students who are brimming with talent and drive
Following Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday was launched in 2012 as a call to action to inspire more charitable giving during the holiday season. Last year, more than $300 million was raised online from people in 150+ countries who joined #GivingTuesday. Learn more about this global movement at www.givingtuesday.org.