In the Midst of Midterms

Nicholas Taglianetti

Yesterday, I spent six hours working on my Computer Structure lab. Six hours and I’ve not even finished half of it. Yesterday was Saturday. I must have forgotten that this is college. As I prepare to have a repeat of yesterday’s adventure, I find myself panicking a little about how I am going to finish this lab by Tuesday night and still have time to do my other homework and prepare for my midterm exams on Wednesday morning. Plus I have a difficult quiz tomorrow afternoon–fantastic. Cabin fever is setting in as I’ve barely left my room in the last 48 hours.

All these overwhelming feelings are familiar, sort of like an old friend you hadn’t seen since he kept you up all night and made you question your life’s decisions. Midterms, you have returned!

This week is sure to be a rude awakening for someone who has spent the last few weekends trying to decide which bars to go to for dinner. Now I’m trying to get as much work done as possible with every free minute I have. Writing this is a vacation from the programming that I’ve spent so much time trying to figure out. Alas, I really don’t have time to write more! Just looking forward to when this is over and I get to go to Toledo next weekend.

Until next time! Hopefully I will be stress-free by then…