Good to Be Home

Molly Ballenger
My last sunrise in Dublin

It’s so hard to believe, but I’m home!

The last couple weeks of the semester flew by. All of a sudden, we were doing all of our “lasts” our last class, our last walk home, our last meal and coffees at our favorite restaurants. It was definitely bittersweet! I was excited to get home, but so sad to leave our new home and all of my friends. At the beginning of the semester, I never could have dreamed that I could have loved Dublin this much! Now, I can look back with such fond memories in such a great city.

If you’re thinking about visiting Ireland or studying abroad there, take this as your sign! It is such a wonderful country and it will always hold a special place in my heart. The natural beauty of the whole country is stunning; from picturesque lakes to lush valleys to staggering mountains, you can’t go wrong with time spent on the Emerald Isle. The people are so kind and welcoming—you’re sure to make new friends!

It’s been so fun to share this journey with you through this blog. I hope I’ve expressed how amazing this experience really was! I really can’t recommend studying abroad with IES Abroad enough. They were so helpful every step of the way, and their faculty made my experience so wonderful and taught me so much. I never felt like I was alone, and that’s a big deal on the other side of the world!

Anyways, thank you for following along with my blog! I wish you all the best!