Attention to Detail

28 Feb 2018

I've come to greatly apperciate the Netherlands' incredible attention to detail. In practically every aspect of Amsterdam, no corners are cut when it comes to design. The escalators are color coded red and green, the trashcans are geometric cylinders and cubes, and the bathroom stalls are covered in checkered tile with blue trimming. Bold color combinations and repeating design patterns are used on everything in Amsterdam. There are no blank walls. There is not wasted space. Everything is made with great consideration for style and design. After spending time in Rotterdam and Delft, two other cities in the Netherlands, I understand that this attention to detail is not only in Amsterdam but is present throughout the Netherlands. This widespread attention to detail and style applies to the people of the Netherlands as well. The sleak leather boots and bold costume Nike Air Max sneakers I see here in Amsterdam exemplify this consistent attention to detail. There is a culture that appreciates and expects quality in all that comes out of the Netherlands, and I feel incredibly inspired to apply this mentality to my own life.