IES Abroad Ski Trip

Katherine (Nina) Jones

IES has a few really cool trips that it offers over the course of the semester, and one of the first was the ski trip last weekend. We went to Radstadt, a place in the Austrian Alps, where we spent two full days skiing. As someone who grew up skiing in New England, I can safely say that the Alps are in a league of their own. Every time we turned a corner there was a new beautiful view.

While we were there the weather was amazing and it was actually pretty warm, which was wonderful.

A pre-run pic with the Alps in the background.

Our hostel was right near one mountain, but we could ski over or take a bus to other, bigger mountains to explore.

View from the top of one of the lifts.

One of the coolest parts of the experience was the restaurants on the mountains. There were a ton of them, and I am pretty sure they were mostly all the same, but it was super fun to be able to just ski right to lunch without even having to get off the mountain. And since the weather was gorgeous, we could sit outside the whole time.

Lunch break on day one.

Overall, it was a great trip. The skiing was amazing and it was incredible to actually being skiing in the Alps. I definitely left wanting to go back for another ski weekend.