Here I come London!

Jennifer Fendt

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! My name is Jennifer Fendt and I will be a senior at the George Washington University this fall. I am originally from a small town in South Jersey right outside of Philadelphia. I am so excited to be spending my summer in London this summer with IES!

My journey to London is a little bit different since I am already in Europe! I am fortunate to be spending the week in Paris visiting the family that my brother lived with when he studied abroad. I am so happy I decided to stay with them because it has really been an amazing experience. The family lives in a town just ten minutes outside of Paris in La Garenne-Colombes. On the day I arrived they took me to an art exhibit at their local library and to the local farmers market the following morning. Although I have only been here since Friday it feels like much longer as I have already explored so much of the city! My favorite part has definitely been exploring the city's many gardens including Jardin du Luxembourg, Jardin des Plantes, and Jardin des Tuileries.

As you can see I am really enjoying my time in France, but I am just as excited to continue my travels to London next week! I am really looking forward to taking two courses: International Marketing Management and British Youth Culture: 1950s to the Present. In addition to getting to know the city of London, I also hope to do some traveling on the weekends with Amsterdam and Rome being on the top of my list.

Three of my best friends recently studied abroad in London so I am lucky to get some insider tips on what to see and do in this wonderful city!

A few things on my London bucket list:

1.     See a tennis match at Wimbledon or watch one on one of London’s outdoor big screens!

2.     See a Royal, hopefully Kate!

3.     Go to the top of the London Eye!

4.     Celebrate the Queen’s birthday in June with the Trooping of the Colour parade!

5.     Explore London’s many parks-Regent’s, Hyde and St. James’s Park to start!

Thanks for reading and talk to you when I arrive in London!