Wrapping it up: December Blog 1/2

3 Dec 2017

Wow, it’s really hard to believe that I’m almost done. Two more weeks to go in my study abroad experience.  One week of regular classes the other week that is half my classes then exams. Then I’m getting on a plane to head on home. It’s hard to wrap my mind around. We’re in the time of final projects and wrapping up everything academically before exams. It feels like it was just yesterday that we were taking midterms and looking forward to going on fall break. Now we’re about to take our finals and are looking forward to doing Christmas at home with out families. It’s not going to be the same for me this year without my grandparents. We would always go to their house to celebrate. So for the first time in a LONG time it will just be my parents, my brother, and I for Christmas. I need to find the last few presents for everyone back home before I leave. The only question is when will I find the time? With all the final projects, extra class sessions, required meetings, and regular homework and class times, there are just not enough hours in the day or days in the weeks to get shopping done along with everything else.

I am keeping very busy beyond just the academic madness that always happens with this time of the semester. I planned most of my hard work (i.e., exposes and projects) for the beginning of the semester and most of my traveling for these last three weeks of my time in Europe. In the course of one weekend (Friday through Sunday) I visited both Geneva, Switzerland with another student in the program and then also visited my best friend where she is studying abroad in Granada, Spain. After about 8 hours in the airport (never doing that again) and lots of traveling and exploring, I’m happy with all I did this weekend. I took a train to Switzerland and a plane to Spain. Train travel is fun, as long as you remember to bring things to do. Hopefully my feet stop hurting soon after all that walking! I don’t want to have to go to the doctor this late in the program because I over did it. Regardless of a bit of foot pain, on I go.

Next weekend I’m headed to Florence, Italy with my best friend. I’ve been before but I’m so excited to go back.  I want to go shopping on the Ponte Vecchio and get some jewelry and she wants to go see the statue of David. It should be an awesome long weekend (Thursday evening until Sunday morning). I always love spending time with her and seeing more of the world at the same time? There’s nothing that can beat that.

There is just so much that will be packed into these last two weeks, it’s crazy. Learning, traveling, and of course, I need to study for finals and pack to go home! So much to do, so little time. Allons-y!