A Pop Punk Paris Playlist

Sabrina Hunte

Hi everyone!

I'm writing this post on my train ride from Paris to Freiburg. The EU Institutions trip was amazing; I especially loved visiting the European Commission and the Court of Justice of the European Union. A review of Brussels, my new favorite European city, is coming soon but for right now let's talk about something very important: music.

There are three reasons for this post:

1. I wholeheartedly believe that pop punk is one of the premier genres of music currently available on Earth.
  2. I couldn’t pass up on a chance to alliterate my blog title because alliteration is so satisfying.
  3. I love lists and I love music, so a playlist is the best of both worlds.

Before 

• "Fireworks" by Sleep On It when you're gazing doe-eyed at the Tour Eiffel sparkling against the backdrop of the night sky. 
  • "Yung & Dum" by Issues to kick off your night of living your best Paris life. You're only young once.
  • "Voldemort" by With Confidence because it's pouring and you're hiding under the Arc de Triomphe waiting for the sun to come out.
  • "Gold Steps" by Neck Deep to get your adrenaline pumping for when you fight to get to the front of the crowd for a good view of the Mona Lisa at the Louvre.
  • "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings as you're prepping yourself for the approximately 10 miles of walking you're about to do.
  • "Irresistible" by Fall Out Boy when you're deciding between pain au chocolat, une croque-madame or macarons. (Pro tip: get all three.)
  • "Secrets" by State Champs after you realize that you'll never get to explore 100% of what Paris has to offer in just 2 days.
  • "Ready to Go" by Panic! At The Disco when you're in your hotel room, getting ready for a free Saturday.
  • "Your Nickle Ain't Worth My Dime" by Sleeping With Sirens when your belly is full of croissants and you sit at a cafe along the Champs Elysee, penning a lovesong to Paris.
  • "It Must Really Suck to be Four Year Strong" by Four Year Strong to remind yourself to stop stressing about little things like your train ticket not scanning, thinking you lost your passport or getting lost on the way to Versailles.

After

• "Around the World and Back" by State Champs when you come to terms with how much you love Paris.
  • "Whatshername" by Green Day when you're thinking about the beautiful waiter that you fell in love with but will probably never see again.
  • "Scene Four- Don't You Ever Forget About Me" by Sleeping With Sirens after dreaming about walking through the Jardin de Luxembourg for the fourth night in a row.
  • "From the Outside" by Real Friends for when the PPD (Post Paris Depression) kicks in and you're scrambling to plan your next trip.
  • "Ocean and Atlantic" by Mayday Parade as you jump out of your train back to Freiburg and sprint back to the Louvre.
  • "Thnks fr th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy as you scroll through your camera roll on the way home.
  • "Summer" by Real Friends when you enter the anger stage of your PPD and suddenly decide that you actually don't care about Paris at all (which is a complete lie).
  • "Right Where You Want Me to Be" by A Day to Remember when your friends tell you to shut up because you've been nonstop snapping, texting, skyping and talking about Paris.
  • "Here We Go Again" by Paramore when you remember that you're traveling again next week and will most likely fall in love with another city. (London, here I come!)
  • "Upside Down" by The Story So Far because you're finally feeling at peace and can successfully move on from Paris and focus on the rest of your time abroad. 

Here's the link! I hope you find a new artist that you like. If you have recommendations or comments, feel free to message me and follow my travel escapades on Instagram @sabiikota.

Until next time,

Sabrina

Sabrina Hunte

<p>Hi! My name is Sabrina and I'm from New Jersey but I go to Bowdoin College in Maine. I'm studying Environmental Studies and Government with a concentration in International Relations to prepare myself for a career in international diplomacy (fingers crossed!). Outside of academics, I am the president of the Caribbean Students Union (shoutout to my fellow Haitians/Guyanese!), a member of Bowdoin's Entertainment Board which coordinates concerts and activities for the student body, help low income families make their homes more energy efficient through AmeriCorps, and DJ two shows at my school's radio station. On my rare days off, I enjoy painting, binge watching rom coms on Netflix and hosting new album listening parties in my room.</p>

Newark, NJ
Government