From Uffizi Art Work to Gondola Rides

Kathryn Sommer

We arrived in Florence on a Friday noon and got incredible paninis at arguably one of the best sandwich places in Florence – All’Antico Vinaio. Strengthened by this delicacy we made our way to the Uffizi Gallery, in which we marveled at the incredible collection of paintings and sculptures, as well as the view of the Ponte Vecchio. After our tour through the antiquity and renaissance we toured the famous cathedral of Florence and climbed atop the Duomo, from where we had a magnificent view. Aside from this, we also explored the Ponte Vecchio and the enormous leather markets.

After two days in Florence, we took a train to Venice, where we arrived to a great seafood dinner. We were also lucky enough to see the art inside the Guggenheim museum, as well as explore all of Venice through a canal tour. This tour offered the most incredible views as it took us through the city at sundown. Che bello! 

Piazza Del Duomo                    Ceiling of the Uffizi                  Medusa

Grand Canal in Venice             Grand Canal in Venice              Small Canal in Venice 

Piazza San Marco                     St. Marco Basilica