*Please note: All application materials should be submitted in your MyIESabroad account to IES Abroad Chicago. Do not send application materials to The National Theatre School of Ireland. Any questions regarding this program should be directed to IES Abroad Chicago.
- Curriculum Vitae listing performance history and special skills. See guidelines here: GSA CV Guidelines
- Digital headshot photo
- Personal Statement detailing reasons for choosing this program, academic achievements, performance history, special skills, and aspirations upon completion of the program.
- Audition Video - this should include a 30 second introduction of yourself and the two pieces you will perform, followed by two contrasting monologues (each monologue no longer than two minutes). Upload your audition video to YouTube.
- Students attending higher education institutions outside of the U.S. may need to submit English language proficiency exam results. Contact your IES Abroad Representative for more information.
Once all of these application materials have been submitted in your MyIESAbroad account, your application will undergo a preliminary review. Applicants who are successful in the first stage of application will then be required to have a phone interview.
- Interview - you will be contacted by email to arrange an interview with the Director of the NTSI. You must be prepared to discuss the choices you made in selecting your pieces from your Audition Video. You will also be asked to discuss the role of the arts in general and specifically the role of theater in society as well as how you see your own place in the world.