Lets Review

After coming home after abroad I have had some time to reflect on my time in Berlin. I have learned a lot during my time abroad, but I want to share the three main lessons that I learned during my time in Berlin. The first thing that I learned was it’s okay to spend some time alone. Abroad is a great time to take some time for yourself without any of the traditional obligations from your everyday life. Exploring a new city by myself gave me a new sense of independence and maturity that I would not have developed back at home. I also learned that if nothing goes according to plan, the experience can still be amazing. I am someone who needs to know what is next, the plan, and around what time everything is going to happen. I have experienced moments and went on trips that had almost no planning involved, I can say for certain that those were my favorite moments during my entire abroad experience. I learned its impossible to plan out everything to a tee, and while its important to buy tickets and figure out where to stay with travel, the trip can be just as amazing, if not more, if you let curiosity take over and just see where you end up. I really loved my abroad expierence in Berlin. I experienced new food, a new place, met amazing different people, and most of all, learned a lot about myself.