Athens

Adrienne Ruth

I have been on a little hiatus lately due to the crazy last few weeks I have had in Freiburg. But, now I am sitting at the Zurich airport hotel and thought a great way to cheer myself up would be to finish my last blog duties and look back at the semester.

I am going to start with our recent member states trip then maybe one or two finishing blogs to share some of my favorite moments and pictures from the semester. There were three different trips to choose from, the North (U.K., Latvia and Sweden), the South (Spain and Italy) and the South-East (Greece, Romania and Bulgaria). The trips also had different focus areas for the meetings we would attend. I chose the South-East trip due to the fact that it had a security focus, and in a region on Europe I am extremely interested in.

The first stop was Athens, Greece! I was really excited to head to Greece, and part of the reason I choose this trip was the opportunity to make it there. I have always enjoyed history, especially classical and Athens is the birthplace of so much of this history. Of course Like always we had out various academic meetings but we got a whole day free in the city with AMAZING weather. It was around 65 degrees out and blue skys. This was such a change of pace from Freiburg, which freezing for this girl.

I want to let my photos do the majority of the talking for this trip, but want to say that if you are ever in Athens, don’t be afraid to trust a taxi driver and the experience he is offering. Also, the stairs in the Acropolis are slippery!

Adrienne Ruth

<p><span style="color: rgb(29, 29, 29); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgb(237, 237, 237);">My name is Adrienne Ruth. I am a third-year student at Occidental College majoring in Diplomacy &amp; World Affairs with an emphasis on security. I am also a member of the women&rsquo;s varsity lacrosse team. I have been an active member with the Office of Student Life, participating and helping coordinate their Emerging Leaders Program. In my free time I enjoy going to Disneyland, finding a new TV show addiction on Netflix, and spending time with my friends. I love travelling and discovering new cultures. I am looking forward to starting this new journey, learning German and having the chance to photograph some of Europe&rsquo;s most historical and important cities!</span></p>