*UPDATE: We have confirmed the safety of all IES Abroad Paris, Nantes, and Nice students, as well as 38 IES Abroad students from other IES Abroad Centers in Europe who are visiting Paris this weekend. Our staff in Paris have been in close communication with our students in the wake of Friday's tragic attacks and remain available to all students via the Centers’ emergency number at any time of the night or day.
The IES Abroad Crisis Management Team is closely monitoring the situation in Paris, and is working directly with our Center Directors in France and Europe. We have confirmed the safety of all of our students in Paris, Nantes, and Nice, and are currently working to locate any IES Abroad students who happen to be visiting Paris from other IES Abroad Centers in Europe.
- Remaining alert to their surroundings at all times;
- Following news reports closely;
- Making sure they enter all independent travel in our web-based online Travel Tracker® system before they depart, so IES Abroad staff can reach them immediately in an emergency;
- Walking away at the first sign of trouble, such as suspicious persons, packages or activities; and
- Keeping their required cell phones with them, fully charged and turned on at all times, responding immediately to any calls or messages from IES Abroad staff.
Tonight, we all stand with our students, faculty, and staff members who are in Paris. We have a shared commitment to a common mission and to our students. We are keeping the victims of these unconscionable terror attacks and their families in our thoughts during this difficult time.