On November 29, 2016, IES Abroad will once again be participating in #GivingTuesday—a global day of giving. This year, we are rallying the entire IES Abroad community to join the celebration by investing in IES Abroad scholarships. Our goal is to inspire 100 gifts in 24 hours—100% for scholarships for students with financial need to study and intern abroad next year.
Last semester, nearly half of our students relied on IES Abroad scholarships and financial aid to make study abroad a reality. All gifts, no matter the size, make a difference. Save the date and make your gift on November 29 here.
Here are 29 reasons to give:
1. Make study abroad possible for a future student.
2. Scholarships change lives. Check out our album 29 Days | 29 Stories for #GivingTuesday to see how.
3. Challenge perspectives.
4. Help create the next generation of global leaders.
5. Make a global impact.
6. Give students the opportunity to experience the best cultural and academic experiences abroad.
7. Support international education.
8. Help students reach their full potential.
9. Give the gift of immersion in another language and culture.
10. Empower students to become global citizens.
11. Break down barriers and build connections between people around the world.
12. Give cultural awareness.
13. Provide a student with the chance to become part of a host family.
14. Make it possible for a student to add international experience to their resume.
15. Help a student maximize their experience abroad without financial stress.
16. Enable a student to get lost and find themselves in another city.
17. Allow another student the chance to follow in your footsteps with their own experience abroad.
18. Join the group of proud donors who change lives through IES Abroad scholarships.
19. Provide a world of opportunity to a student with financial need.
20. Spread cultural understanding.
21. Study abroad redefined you. Pass it on to another student.
22. Give job skills that can transform a future.
23. Transform a life through study abroad.
24. Alleviate the financial burden that can keep international education out of reach.
25. Make study abroad dreams a reality.
26. Give independence, new perspectives, and cross-cultural communication skills.
27. Allow a student to go further – travel to new places, take that salsa dance class, try new foods.
28. Open the door to opportunity for more students in 2017.
29. Build bridges that connect cultures and communities.
For more information:
- On study abroad scholarships available for students participating in an IES Abroad program
Following Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday was launched in 2012 as a call to action to inspire more charitable giving during the holiday season. Last year, more than 700,000 individuals in more than 70 countries joined the call to action. Learn more about the global movement at www.givingtuesday.org.