First Weeks, First Impressions

Misha Gelnarova

We spent the first days in Santiago getting all the important information in order to survive in our host country, but at the same time we got to get to know all the students on the program.

Luckily, as a reward after a five-day intensive phase we got to wander to the wonderful city of Valparaiso to explore its world-known graffiti!

Here come some of the many examples from the open-air museum that stretches through a large part of Valparaiso. 

During our first free day in Santiago, we headed to the largest city market. The colors of all the fresh fruits and vegetables were mesmerizing.  

After a week in the five-million metropolis, we decided to take a break and explore the foothills of the Cordillera.

If all of that wasn't exciting enough, we visited various classes at la Universidad Católica and explored the beautiful architecture of the Central Campus. 

To finish off the first two weeks, we hiked up one of the best viewing spots of the city and the Cordillera - el Cerro San Cristobal.

The best way to relax before our first week of classes was to join the local Sunday sport-lovers. Biking, skateboarding, and rollerblading on an empty highway is something we can only dream about in the States.