Visit us at Booth #301!
NAFSA, the world’s largest association dedicated to international education and exchange, invites you to the 75th NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo, our most exciting conference ever! Be a part of the most diverse and comprehensive global event attended by thousands of professionals from across the field. Join us in Washington, DC, a welcoming capital city rich in history and culture, from May 30 to June 2, 2023.
Coinciding with NAFSA’s 75th anniversary, the annual conference and expo will bring together our global community to reflect, celebrate, inspire, and create. We will honor our legacy and progress, renew our community’s mission, and commit to diversifying the voices that shape the future of the international education field for years to come.
IES Abroad will be exhibiting at booth #301 and David Reiersgord, IES Abroad Cape Town Center Director will be presenting.
IES Abroad Presentations at NAFSA
Critical Approaches to Equity in International Education Practice
Globalization has “flattened” the world in many ways, yet a limited approach to social justice still dominates international education practice. Understanding inequities at the local and national levels—and between the Global North and South—is critical. This session explores synergies between practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and international education—and examines transformative strategies that work toward global equity in the field.
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- 2:30 PM – 3:20 PM EDT
- Location: WCC, Room 159AB
- David Reiersgord, Cape Town Center Director, IES Abroad
- Jennifer Ellis Fritz, MPA (she/her/hers), Associate Director, Bucknell University Office Of Global Education
- Stephen K. Appiah-Padi, PhD, Director, Office of Global and Off-campus Education, Bucknell University, Office Of Global Education
The Resilience of the Small Study Abroad Office - Strategies for Sharing Resources and Maintaining Well-Being
Small offices carry expectations to be experts on every topic related to study abroad: culture connoisseur; diversity, equity, and inclusion expert; financial aid adviser, etc. Presenters explore strategies to leverage resources and opportunities to build support through partners at your institution, other institutions, and outside organizations to maximize benefits.
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- 4:30-5:30 PM EDT
- Location: WCC, Salon C
- Heath Thompson, College Relations Manager, IES Abroad
- Rebecca Avery, Director of Study Abroad and International Exchanges, Haverford College
- Tracy Weber, Director of Global Education, Bryn Mawr College