Happy 50th Anniversary! Join your Classmates in Chicago!
We hope you have the weekend of September 24-25, 2022, highlighted on your calendar for a wonderful celebration of your experience studying in Vienna, and the many lifelong friendships that formed because of that foundational year. You and your spouse or guest are invited to join your classmates here in Chicago to celebrate.
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Jerzyk at email@example.com or call 312-900-6894.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 23, 2022
- For those in town on Friday evening, we’ll plan a place to gather informally. More details will be provided closer to the time.
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Coffee in the Club Quarters Hotel Lobby (Wacker location).
- 11:00 a.m. to noon | Optional private tour of The Richard H. Driehaus Museum, newer small format museum with a Gilded Age art and architecture collection built by Chicago banking magnate, Samuel Mayo Nickerson, located at 40 E Erie St. Cost is +/- $25pp, pay in advance. Attire: Business casual, no tie.
- 2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Optional Mercury Cruises Chicago River/Lake Michigan Boat Tour. Board across from hotel on the East side of Michigan Ave. Pre purchase your own ticket for the 2:45 p.m. cruise on the Mercury Cruise website. Mercury Cruises depart across the street from the Club Quarters Hotel. $42 pp. Attire: Casual.
- 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. | 50th Class Reunion Drinks and Dinner in a Private Room on the Lower Level at The Berghoff – Chicago favorite for German food and beer. Located downtown in the Loop at 17 W. Adams St. Walk to or short taxi/Uber ride from the Club Quarters Hotel. $80 per person in advance includes a traditional Austrian style meal, beer, wine, soda, coffee and tip. Entrée choice on site of pork, beef, or fish. Please let me know if you need a vegetarian or vegan option. Attire: Business casual, no tie.
Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Coffee in Club Quarters Hotel Lobby, OR, meet up and go to
- Julius Meinl – Coffee/breakfast at this Austrian classic! This will take you right back to Wien! Easy access by the “L” or taxi/Uber located at 3601 N Southport Ave. | Pay on site. for transportation and cafe. Attire: Casual
*The costs of the program do not include flights, hotels, or travel expenses. Can provide refunds up to 30 days before the event.
It's your reunion year- let's celebrate together!
Suggested Reunion Headquarter Hotel: (arrive on Fri or Sat)
- Club Quarters Wacker Drive locations at 75 E Wacker Dr (Wacker Dr and Michigan Ave); Call the main reservations number 203-905-2100 to get the best rate and make a reservation. Join the CQ Rewards program and then ask for the best rate available on the day you call among three possible rates: 1) The CQ Rewards rate, 2) the IES Abroad organization member rate, or 3) the best available rate. Anyone of them may be the lowest rate on the day you call.
- Wherever you plan to stay during the reunion weekend, we strongly suggest you make reservations now. As of this date Club Quarters Hotel has many rooms available, but that will change as we get closer to the date. We DO NOT have a group of rooms blocked for the reunion.
- Suggested Parking: Use the app “Spot Hero” to find the best available parking options in downtown Chicago. Club Quarters does not have its own parking garage nor valet park.