Extend your IES Abroad Experience!
Students enrolled in an IES Abroad semester-long program who wish to extend their time studying abroad must first receive permission from their home institution to do so.
Regardless of whether they want to continue on their current program or experience another location, IES Abroad will discount the tuition of their second semester program according to the following criteria:
- Academic year program tuition prices reflect at least a 20% discount off second consecutive semester program tuition for the same program.
- Students will receive a 20% discount applied as a credit to the second consecutive semester’s tuition in a different program comprising an academic year.
- Students must enroll by November 1st to get the discount for academic year study. After November 1st, the second term’s tuition pricing will be based on the following spring term’s tuition.
- Students will receive a 20% discount applied as a credit to the second consecutive semester’s tuition in the same or a different program comprising a calendar year.
- Students must enroll by May 1st to get the discount for calendar year study. After May 1st, the second term’s tuition pricing will be based on the following fall term’s tuition.
- Students will receive a $500 credit toward summer tuition if a summer program is attended prior to or after a semester or academic year program.
- Students will receive a $300 credit toward January term tuition if a January term program is attended prior to or after a semester program.
The calendar year, summer, and January term discounts will be applied to the IES Abroad invoice as billed to the student or school. Students should see their current Center Director for a “Change of Status” form to continue studying at their current location or to attend a different IES Abroad program. Finally, please note that the above discounts are applied to the designated term or second semester of tuition only.