Open to students who are currently attending an HBCU, a historically black college or university.
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- $1,500 credit toward the IES Abroad program fee
- $500 reimbursement toward the purchase of an overseas airline ticket for the IES Abroad program. After confirming your place in an IES Abroad fall, spring, academic year or calendar year program, you must present a valid, overseas airline itinerary in order to receive the $500 reimbursement. Please email itinerary to [email protected]. Reimbursement check will be mailed to the home address on file.
- Consecutive term students will receive one $1,500 scholarhip plus one $500 airfare reimbursement.
- Open to students who attend an HBCU that is a Member or Associate member of the IES Abroad consortium and that transfers at least 75% of home school aid to IES Abroad. Student must have applied to and attend an IES Abroad fall, spring, academic year or calendar year program.
- Return Requirement: If awarded one of these scholarships, at the conclusion of the IES Abroad program you agree to submit a 1-page statement about your experience abroad, including how it has affected you personally, professionally, and academically and how this scholarship supported your endeavors. Once submitted, this statement becomes property of IES Abroad and excerpts may be used in any/all IES Abroad electronic and printed publications.
- Standard programs only. Customized programs are not eligible for IES Abroad financial aid.